I get that some partners work away or need to be with other children at home. So no, it is not necessary but is highly recommended. There is a big focus on birth partners throughout the course and you will have handouts and information that you can pass on. If it’s a case of lining your partner up for the occasional sessions, the best weeks for partners to attend are weeks 1, 3 and 4.
Got a burning question?
- Does my partner have to attend classes?
- I am over 35 weeks pregnant. Is it too late to commence?
No! It isn’t too late. Ideally couples commence their HypnoBirthing journey between 22 and 35 weeks pregnant… but, if we can make it work we will. I fell it’s always better to have the education, than not at all. Please reach out and let’s have a chat.
- How many couples are in a group class?
The size of groups can vary but are kept to an intimate setting. You can expect anywhere between three and six couples. A minimum of three couples is required for classes to go ahead.
- What if I cannot attend a class?
I encourage you to make as many of the classes as possible. I understand also that things happen. I ask that you let me know if you cannot attend as soon as possible. You will have the option to join the missed session with a different group (pending availability) or to arrange a private catch up at an additional cost of $250 per session. If you are booked into a Private course we can simply rearrange to a more suitable day.
- What dates are your classes?
You can check out our calendar for more information on upcoming group courses. For private bookings use the contact form to get in touch.
- What's the difference between a group or private course?
A group course is with other couples attending and a great way to meet new parents. A private course is fantastic for those that want the flexibility of times and dates to suit them or if group dates don’t align for you. Private courses are held in your own home pending location.
- Where are classes held?Group classes are held at My Midwives Toowoomba, 29 Hill Street. Private classes are held in your own home, pending location.
- Is HypnoBirthing for me?If you areIf you are still asking this question I invite you to come along to one of our Free Gentle Birth Information Sessions. You can check availability and register here.
- Will HypnoBirthing work?
There is something for everyone in HypnoBirthing. It truly is a life skill that can be harnessed outside of pregnancy and birth, into the post partum period and well beyond. Birth is unpredictable, and as with anything, the time and dedication you spend on practicing and totally immersing yourself in the material will only add to the preparation, knowledge and tools you will have. You will be guided through the process with weekly homework emails, I will keep you accountable ;D.
- I have a group of friends and we want to do the course together. Is this possible?
Yes. I offer BYO (Bring your own) group courses. Simply call me on 0437 572 418 or email me at email@example.com to to enquire.
- What is required to save me a spot in your HypnoBirthing course?YAY! I am so glad you’re booking into my class. You can follow the prompts here to book your favourite course, session or package. I look forward to connecting with you.
- What if I need an extra fear release closer to my birthing day?
I am more than happy to arrange this for you. Prices for an extra fear release apply for $70. Fear releases can be conducted in your home (pending location) or in clinic.
- When are payments due?
To secure your spot in a HypnoBirthing course there is an initial $100 non-refundable deposit. The remainder of the course fee is due one week prior to the first class beginning.
- Do you offer payment plans?I offer PayRight Payment Plans on all HypnoBirthing course options and packages. Just ask me for the details these.
- Do you have a cancellation policy or booking fee for your individual sessions?If you need to reschedule either a Kinesiology, Jaw Rest, Reiki or Birth Story Medicine session I ask that you do so more than 24 hours prior to your appointment. This allows me the opportunity to assist someone else on the waiting list. Cancellations less than 24 hours before your appointment may be subject to full payment. Upon booking one of these sessions you are required to pay a booking fee of $30. This will be deducted from your invoice at the end of your appointment. In the case of rescheduling, this fee will be held over until your next appointment. I value the service I provide for my clients and this assists me in continuing to effectively operate.
- Do you offer gift vouchers?Yes and what a great gift! I can arrange for any amount to be purchased. Just reach out on the contact page for details.
- Will I require additional follow up appointments for your individual sessions?It is entirely up to you! You are the driver here. I am not one to bring you back for an appointment unnecessarily. If I feel it would be of benefit to you, I will say so and together we can work out a strategy moving forward.
- Is a Jaw Reset painful?No, no and NO! It is an absolutely exquisite and gentle experience. No physical manipulation of any kind is made. The session is entirely based on moving energy.
- What do I need to bring to one of your individual sessions?A bottle of water (hydration is crucial for accurate muscle testing) and your gorgeous self!